Josh |: 22 :|
There have been some amazing releases already this year (and some poor ones…) so I thought I’d rank my preferences so far:
1. Paramore - Paramore 9/10 (239 plays)
2. Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll 8.5/10 (190 plays)
3. Senses Fail - Renacer 7/10 (88 plays)
4. Mallory Knox - Signals 6.5/10 (179 plays)
5. The Story So Far - What You Don’t See 6/10 (82 plays)
6. Transit - Young New England 4/10 (39 plays)
and then later this year: Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, CIWWAF, Jimmy Eat World, 30STM, Andrew McMahon and Real Friends will be releasing new material too! Hell yeah 2013.
..to replace the dub step rubbish that had been on before and one of the girls turned to me looking pretty angry and said “you know it’s not 2006 anymore!!”
- what happened in 2006!?
1. The Early November - The Mother, The Mechanic, And The Path (513)
2. The Wonder Years - Suburbia I’ve Given You All and Now I’m Nothing (457)
3. Balance and Composure - Separation (451)
4. The Story So Far - Under Soil and Dirt (357)
5. Real Friends - Acoustic Songs EP (340)
6. The Early November - In Currents (323)
7. Into It. Over It. - Proper (315)
8. Mixtapes - Maps (293)
9. La Dispute - Wildlife (290)
10. Man Overboard - Real Talk (275)
The albums/singles were selected from releases by bands that fall under the genre’s: Emo, Pop-Punk and Rock. I don’t like dwelling on the albums I don’t like, so I’ll limit my ‘worsts releases’ list to two artists.
Worst Releases of 2012.
2) Conventional Weapons - My Chemical Romance
I was a big fan of MCR’s first few albums (Black Parade & Three Cheers, etc.) but they haven’t released anything that has interested me since. I’ve been listening to the Conventional Weapons singles as they’ve been released and just like Danger Days, they’re sh*t.
1) Uno, Dos, Tre! - Green Day
Remember how Green Day released three albums this year? No? Neither did I before a friend reminded me. Maybe Green Day should had spent less time writing the three most embarrassing albums they have ever released and instead put their ‘efforts’ *cough* into writing one solid album, like Dookie. Remember Dookie? Who would have thought that the same guys who wrote Dookie could write something as shit as this? R.I.P. Green Day.
Best Releases of 2012.
5) Overslept - State Champs
I’d never really given State Champs are proper listen before this EP, but this release caught my attention. Each track is edgy and catchy and just great fun to listen to. It had to be included in this list.
4) In Currents - The Early November
Blink-182 take a note, this is how an album should sound after returning from hiatus. I love it. Call Off the Bells, Digital Age, In Currents, etc are all fantastic songs and some of my favourite TEN songs, the album has a fantastic raw sound to it which adds so much to the record as too many other bands release albums that sound over-manufactured. This album, yes.
3) Angst - Handguns
How could this not be in my list! It was the soundtrack to my travels around France over the summer and I loved it. 10 of the 12 tracks from the album have made it into my Pop-Punk favourites playlist. Cannot wait to see them in the UK next year!
2) Seams & Stitches - With the Punches
I had the misfortune of discovering this album the day after they played the only show I could have made it too on their UK tour. Not cool. Every single track on this album is perfect. Nuff said.
1) Everyone That Dragged Your Here - Real Friends
I liked Real Friends before it was cool. So fuck you.
Seriously though, awesome EP. I must have listened to it more than any other release this year and even though I pay for Spotify, I actually bought it too.. like, who does that anymore?